• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Crazy Crazy Crappy Support!!!

mparadis

Regular Pleskian
This is my LAST yearly upgrade with this crazy company SWSOFT. They have automated and distanced themselves SO FAR from the customer that it's become a nightmare trying to get ANYTHING done.

Everything is not only automated but BADLY automated to the point of going in freaking circles endlessly just trying to get in touch with anyone. I'm already a PAYING customer and yet their support form constantly reminded me that I should pay for the software or buy phone or other paid support and so on JUST TO CONTACT THEM ABOUT UPGRADING MY SERVER???

Oh man I've had it with TERRIBLE customer support... I WISH everyone else who feels the same way would band together and come up with something that changes the way business is done. I'm sick of suffering at the hands of companies who could care less about customers because they have enough that one just doesn't matter.

GRRRRR

As I understand you had a ticket opened with support team. Could you please give me ticket number so I could check the thread and pass this information to head of support staff. I have made a search and found "#292845: Upgrading, need key" from you. Do you mean this request?
As I can see you requested temporary license key and one of engineers sent it to you within couple of hours.

Originally posted by Dmitry Frantsev
>As I understand you had a ticket opened >with support team.

Give me a break. It's the frustration in simply trying to REACH YOU that is the problem.

>As I can see you requested temporary >license key and one of engineers sent it >to you within couple of hours.

Yes, we did get the key finally but doing anything with your company is always a frustrating thing. You make yourselves very hard to reach with too much automation.

We like this software when it works, when we don't need to contact you for anything.

You never (EVER) admit where they are problems which is a hell of a bad business practice but since this is not the main package we use, we can live with that.

We like it when all we get is your yearly bill or your almost yearly error in trying to bill us early, then things are fine. If WE have to contact YOU for anything or get answers though.. GRRR

End result, thanks for the key so that we can upgrade our OS.

>As I understand you had a ticket opened >with support team. Could you please give >me ticket number so I could check the

So again, the nonsense continues. Your servers don't respond, I've been trying to reach someone ALL DAY LONG just to ask you why that is and no one replies. I've sent at least 5 emails with the errors and have received not ONE reply.

I cannot even install the software yet have a temporary key that will die soon.

None of your documentation is correct. Everything I read has nothing to do with any package I've downloaded. I'm trying to move from FC to CentOS and the documentation does not even match the software you make available.

Then it takes some 10 minutes to get the system packages list from your server, another 10 minutes for the products list, then after finally letting me start the install, it fails because it cannot GET the software from your servers.

And yes, I did try downloading the entire package to install it from local source. See above, documentation useless.

My god, what nonsense.

SWsoft offers a variety of support services to meet your unique needs. A standard support incident has a response time of 12 hours.
As I have checked your license key doesn't have support option and unfortunately, SWsoft support team can't assist you. You can use the forum, FAQ or any other sources to get necessary information. You can also buy a year support package.
As for the situation you described, that you could not download software, sorry about that. It was caused by new Plesk 8.1.1 release. During uploading new builds our server was temporary unavailable. Right now everything should be fine. Please check it up. Such situation can occur only during new release. In general download server works stable.

>As I have checked your license key >doesn't have support option and >unfortunately, SWsoft support team can't >assist you. You can use the forum, FAQ or

And this, is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Not even a little flexibility, in helping a long time customer with something that just might be at fault, at your own end.

To top it all off, I just now, finally got a reply from support who says that your servers have been down all day due to software problems... fine, I could understand that... but then, you continue on and tell me that I should BUY SUPPORT to contact you next time!!!

Pretty sad folks. As I said, this is my last year with this crazy outfit. There are so many good tools out there, it's time to move on.

Mike

Back