• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Create multiple accounts at once

S

SupermanInNY

Hi Y'all,

See the link here:

http://www.sw-soft.com/doc/html/Plesk/Plesk6.5/plesk_6.5_advanced_features/ch04.html

I tried to create a string to create a Client, but I get fail msgs on Spaces.

Suppose I have a user named: John Dow.

client.exe -c johndow -name John Dow -passwd 12345 -phone 123-12345 -fax 123-23456 -email [email protected] -addr somwhere street -city some city -state mystate -pcode 11114 -country mycountry

In the John Down name I have a space between teh John and the Dow.
the client utility fails on that one.

I get this error: Can't recognize Dow.

I tried to put it in " " but no luck, It is likely that I've missed out on something, but I'm not sure in what.

Can anyone tell me?

-Alon.

Up!
Someone from Plesk must have tried this... didn't they?

-Alon.

There is a bug in handling parameters with spaces. A workaround is to put \" around arguments with spaces, like below:

client.exe -c johndow -name \"John Dow\" -passwd 12345 -phone 123-12345 -fax 123-23456 -email [email protected] -addr \"somwhere street\" -city \"some city\" -state mystate -pcode 11114 -country mycountry

HTH

YES that helped and did it!
Great.
I think it would be wise to post that workaround in the Creation Utility page itself and indicate it with an example.

That would have saved me some time trying to figure out where am I going wrong with such a basic syntax.

Thanks for your help with this.

-Alon.

Back