• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Creating a new domain failed due to "duplicate default server" in nginx config

JoeShmoe

New Pleskian
New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: nginx: [emerg] a duplicate default server for x.x.x.x:80 in /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/default.domain.conf:6 nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed.
and
New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Template processing failed: file = /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/nginxDomainVhost.php, error = Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxSeoSafeRedirects.php doesn't exists file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 28 code: 0 Previous error: Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxSeoSafeRedirects.php doesn't exists file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 28 code: 0 Previous error: Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxSeoSafeRedirects.php doesn't exists file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Finder.php line: 36 code: 0.
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28
Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS‬

EDIT: issue caused by custom templates, which I made to remove the X-Powered-By PleskLin header. Copying and editing new default templates resolved it.
Please make removing those headers an option in Plesk. Using custom templates potentially breaks web config generation after every update

Last edited:
Hi JoeShmoe,
i have same issue
New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Template processing failed: file = /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/nginxDomainVhost.php, error = Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxSeoSafeRedirects.php doesn't exists file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 28 code: 0 Previous error: Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxSeoSafeRedirects.php doesn't exists file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 28 code: 0 Previous error: Template_Exception: Template domain/service/nginxSeoSafeRedirects.php doesn't exists file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Finder.php line: 36 code: 0. Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter
could you please let me know how do you remove the X-Powered-By PleskLin header?
im newbie, please help

Last edited:
Hi JoeShmoe,

I have the same message after removing X-Powered-By PleskLin.

Can you tell me how i can do that? I don't have that much experience, it would help me step by step if possible

Copying and editing new default templates resolved it.

Thanks

Back