• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating a new domain in Plesk Panel not working correctly

Joe Deegan

New Pleskian
Hi, I wonder if someone can help.

System Information:
Plesk Version 12.0.18 Update #58
CentOS 6.6

Bug:
Every time we create a domain / sub-domain / domain-alias, the addition appears to be successful in the panel, however when navigating to the preview link, we are presented with the our website (the "holding page" of our server, if you will), instead of the new domain holding page which you should see after creating a new hosting environment. This also happens for aliases where instead of redirecting to the specified location, we are again presented with our website.

Work-around:
It is possible to make the new addition perform correctly by running the following command via SSH, on the domain / alias:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain domain.tld

This is obviously not really a solution as multiple customers are able to create domains, and do not have access to SSH.

Please can someone shed some light on this?

Kind Regards

Joe

Most probably that you have very long Apache restart interval is set. Check it with

mysql> select * from psa.misc where param='restart_apache_interval';

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the reset interval is not set (0)

See attached image. Do you have any other suggestions? The issue became apparent after the following situation:

We had mysql connection issues due to no disk space available. After compacting, the server came back online, and we discovered the issue was large log files, which we resolved. During this time, server went back offline (we think this was because of our providers) and on return, received a message stating that a micro-update failed (#57). It provided a link to an error log, which threw a blank page when trying to access it. As the server appeared to be functional, we disregarded this and finished resolving our logging issue.

We found that later in the day, customers were having issues with sending mail, receiving an error 451 (Qmail), which we resolved by changing permissions on certain folders.

Later on again, we had other customers unable to log in to websites, which we found was due to PHP being unable to write session data. This again was resolved by updating permissions on 2 folders.

We then found the current issue we are having, which as yet we have been unable to resolve. We have tried to fix system permissions using the following commands:

# for p in $(rpm -qa); do rpm --setugids $p; done
# for p in $(rpm -qa); do rpm --setperms $p; done

We have also run the latest micro-update (#58) to attempt to resolve this.

Hopefully this extra information may give you some ideas?

Thanks again for your help in this matter.

Attachments

• mysql error.png
    mysql error.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

Have anyone been able to give this issue any thought?

I would like to make another note, I suspect that whatever is not functioning correctly is also affecting our long-tasks.

All attempts to copy any vhost to another using the plesk gui ("Website Copying") hangs and leaves me stuck with a copying message until I manually remove the task from the database.

This morning I discovered that the update to one of our service plans which I synced yesterday afternoon, still "appears" to be syncing. We only have 144 subscriptions within this account, and a sync has never taken this long before.

All of these issues have appeared simultaneously, which makes me hope that the resolution / reason for each of them is related (possibly to our failed micro-update #57)

Any help would be really appreciated!

Back