• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Creating FTP Account: Problem with Home directory

Urs Krämer

New Pleskian
Hi everybody,

when creating a new FTP account i select the home directory with the directory browser, but the following error occurs:

The specified file or directory does not exist.

The error occurs when selecting the existing folder:

../httpdocs/drupal/sites/default/files/de

When i select the folder

../httpdocs/drupal/sites/default/files/

it works - no error

I checked the file and directory permissions: all the same for files/..

What exactly are owner, group and permissions on the /de directory?
webspace username:
meinszueinsde

owner, group and permissions of files:
drwxrwx--- 11 meinszueinsde psacln 4096 Mar 12 08:48 files

owner, group and permissions of de:
drwxrwx--- 10 meinszueinsde psacln 4096 Nov 15 11:47 de

Does the /de folder selection include a / at the end (/de/) when it is selected from the interface? If not, could you please add one and try again?

We are having the same issue creating a child directory.
However, FTP account is unable to login, even to a directory that "works" through the Plesk GUI when we set a password for the FTP user.

This is a Red Hat 6.10 server, with Plesk Onyx v17.5.3

In our case, the full path to the working parent directory is: /var/www/vhosts/example.com/private/
And the child directory (which does exist) is: /var/www/vhosts/example.com/private/folder/

The Plesk GUI defaults to NOT including that trailing slash at the end, when setting up the FTP account. I have tried manually adding the "/" at the end of the directory, and that did not work.

We ARE able to create the FTP account, and configure Plesk to tie that user account to the example.com/private directory.
In this case, though, the user is still unable to login over port 21 (I know, I know - FTP is insecure. That's for a different topic).

Current error messages in /var/log/secure, whenever we attempt to login as the FTP user when it is configured with example.com/private:
proftpd: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_stack.so): /lib64/security/pam_stack.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This issue seemed similar: Unable to create hosting or login as new FTP user: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_fprintd.so) and the fprintd PAM module was indeed enabled, so we did try to disable that module and reboot, but that didn't work.

Please post the output of
# uname -a
Just to make sure that you are using a 64 bit OS.

Back