• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Creating Mail Account fails

jradzuweit

Basic Pleskian
Hi
If I want to create a email account, I get the following error

upload_2019-12-11_16-40-5.png
The mail box is fcreated but cannot receive any mails. The articles in the knowledge base didn't helped.
This is how it looks like on the OS level

root@vega:/var/qmail/mailnames/spacedigital.de/tiga# ll
insgesamt 20
drwx------ 4 popuser popuser 4096 Dez 11 16:22 ./
drwxr-x--- 7 popuser popuser 4096 Dez 11 16:22 ../
drwx------ 2 popuser popuser 4096 Dez 11 16:22 @attachments/
drwx------ 9 popuser popuser 4096 Dez 11 16:22 Maildir/
-rw------- 1 popuser popuser 7 Dez 11 16:22 .qmail
root@vega:/var/qmail/mailnames/spacedigital.de/tiga# cat .qmail
| true

Does someone has an idea who to fix this?

Betriebssystem ‪Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS‬
Produkt Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.21 Update #4, zuletzt aktualisiert: 3. Dez. 2019 06:27:17

Since you're using Ubuntu, SELinux is not a likely cause, the common equivalent would be AppArmor. That might be the cause.

Especially because a quick look tells me that your directory structure, users and access rights appear normal. The delivery line is indeed missing from the .qmail file, but that is the consequence, not the cause of this issue. I would expect something like (if using Qmail and Dovecot):
Code:
| true
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d "$DELIVERED_TO"

So, AppArmor settings are worth looking into, as they might be blocking access to otherwise existing files.

Hi,
in the syslog I found this

Dec 20 08:24:42 vega mailmng[4935]: Unable to get default delivery transport string from /var/qmail/mailnames/.default_delivery
Dec 20 08:24:42 vega mailmng[4935]: Unable to add delivery string to '/var/qmail/mailnames/radzuweit.eu/testkonto/.qmail'

The default file was missing, so I added this put the delivery string into it an voila it works

Back