• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating subdomains from a perl script

spaceout

Basic Pleskian
What's the easiest way to accomplish this?

I would like to have a perl script running from one of the domains I have added to my server that can create subdomains. I have tried using the command line interface such as:

PATH/TO/subdomain.sh --create "forum" -domain "domain.zone"

However, since the command line interface requires root or psaadm user access I get a permission error. Is there a simple way around this? Or even not so simple?

Thanks

API

I looked at the API and couldn't find any ability for creating subdomains. Maybe I missed something?

Yeees, you're right, couldn't find any operation concerning subdomains (other than getting the number and limit)...
Should Plesk add this feature?!

Maybe I will be able to use the command line interface somehow. I sure hope so....I really need this capability on a project.

I wonder if there is a way to just make it so another user on the server also has access to use the command line interface in addition to root and psaadm.

SUDO did the trick. I had tried using it before but I must not have been doing it correctly. I tried again and it's working fine now :)

Woot!

Back