• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cron issue, creating new folder in /

Bertrand.D

New Pleskian
Hi guys !
I'm running my websites under a plesk, works just perfectly, I love it.
Few days ago, I had to set a cron via "Scheduled Tasks". It works fine, but when I went back using ftp, I saw a lot of folders have been created. Why that ? This is a mess now... is it necessary for the cron? can I remove this?

Thx for your help!

4vefMhu6w3jH.jpg

Hi Igor, thank you very much, did't see that thread. Does that mean that if I select in "Access to the server over SSH " : /bin/bash chrooted that will solve my problem?

Hi Igor, thank you very much, did't see that thread. Does that mean that if I select in "Access to the server over SSH " : /bin/bash chrooted that will solve my problem?

No, it means that because of the activated "access to the server over SSH", you actually have a lot of additional folders - the folders that show when accessing via FTP.

Deactivating "access to the server over SSH" (which is good practice, that is more safe) plus removing some or all of the unwanted folders will resolve your "mess" - it is not an issue, the additional folders are there and are not an actual problem.

Hope the above helps a bit.

Kind regards.......

Back