• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cross Post: Firewall, Plesk, Ports

A

askthefool

Hey guys,

I'm real new to Linux so bear with me.

My host (MediaTemple) is using Plesk 7.5.4 and Virtuozzo. I wanted to run some custom applications that require their own ports and after hours of screwing with it I realized that they were closed by Plesk’s Firewall Module. I did an nmap and all the ports that I needed were all closed.

When I tried to add those ports to the firewall custom rules it gave me an error saying

Migration_Storage_D not defined

So then I figured I'd delete the Firewall Module because surely it's easily accessible on Plesk's site. Well turns out I was wrong and can't find it anywhere. Right now I'm back to square one. I can't run my applications because the ports are still blocked even though I deleted the Firewall Module, and I can't seem to find the Firewall Module anywhere to replace what I deleted.

Not sure, sorry if this is an idiotic question. As I said, I'm new to both Plesk and Linux.

Oh, btw I have root access so I’m sure I can do anything you guys suggest. Thanks in advance.

Back