• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Custom Nginx Vhost Files to allow JS Apps to Run

Joe90k

New Pleskian
I am trying to allow a certain site to read (and possibly write) from/to /var/apps

I know that the nginx and vhost files can be altered using the php template files, however I am only looking to modify it for one domain and two sub-domains. Is this possible? If so what do I need to do? I am attempting to make the frontend nginx conf files redirect to an upstream front end javascript app that is located in /var/apps which is the default directory for node. Currently though the only aloud directories are /var/www/vhosts/my-domain.com/httpdocs/

Thanks!
Joe

Hi Joe,

You can add custom include directive into default php template for Nginx vhost.
Thus, if a specific website will have that custom include config file - it will be included.

There you can _try_ to set your own proxy_pass

Can you explain how we add custom nginx conf content? Every time I add something it gets overwritten by the update process.

Example:
------------------

in:
templates/default/domain/nginxDomainVirtualHost.php
templates/default/domain/nginxForwarding.php

added:
include /var/www/vhosts/<?php echo $VAR->domain->wildcardName ?>/conf/custom_nginx/*.conf;

I also tried editing 'templates/default/nginx.php' but I don't think I did it right. Regardless of right or wrong, all these edits were removed on the Feb. 14 Micro-Update.

Hi ShoneA,

You should not modify default template files - they become overwritten during upgrade.

Instead, copy default templates to
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom

and there modify them:
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/nginxDomainVirtualHost.php
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/nginxForwarding.php

Back