• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Customers can't select PHP runtime in Plesk Panel

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I think this has just happened since upgrading a CentOS 7 server from 17.5 -> 17.8.

I have multiple PHP runtimes installed, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 and I can select any version from the Plesk Panel, but when in Customer Panel the drop down selector for PHP version only has one option (whichever is currently selected).

Also, in the "Hosting Settings" page of the Customer Panel, I have:

upload_2018-11-13_17-13-12.png

I have checked the service plans and they all have "PHP version and handler management" selected.

I found this help article: Unable to change PHP version while being logged in as a customer

But the workaround is to create an add-on and add the "PHP version and handler management" permission to that, and then add the add-on to the subscription. Why is that even necessary when the service plan already has that permission!? (I tried it anyway, but it made no difference)

Is this a bug in 17.8?

Last edited:
In case it helps others, I've resolved this by modifying the site_isolation_settings.ini.

See: Enhancing Security

My previous settings worked fine with Plesk 17.5, but something must be different in 17.8.

I'm not sure why, by changing php_handler_type to fpm and fastcgi to off made all PHP runtime versions available in the user control panel again.

Back