• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Daily Maintenance task deletes Mailserver logs

thomas wagner

New Pleskian
Hi all,
we are using Onyx17.5.3 Update #43. As Mailserver we use Icewarp 12.0.3. Since a couple of monthas we discovered that the SMTP, Pop3 and IMAP logs for the Icewarpservers were only availbel for a maximum of two days. All other log files were availbe for 10 days as it was configured in the Icewarp Server Management panel.
After a lot of investigation we figured out that the daily Maintenace task from Plesk will delete all SMT, Pop3 and IMAP logs of the Icewarp server that were older than one day. So only the Icewarp logs for the current day and the day before were cept on the server - all other days were delted be the Plesk daily maintenance.
As soon as I disabled the daily Maintenance task in plesk the Icewarp SMTP, Pop3 and IMAP logs will be stored as long as it was configured in the Icewarp Panel.
According to the File Access Audit for these Icewarp logs a File called statistics_collector.exe will delte the log files.

So my questions would be:
1) What exactly will the PLesk daily maintenance task do?
2) How can you secure that he will not delete Icewarp Logs.

Thanks and Regards

Thomas

Thanks for that hint, but more importatn for me at the moment would be how to secure that Plesk will not delete any Icewarp logs!

How can that be done!?

After some further investigations I can tell you that definitly the plesk daily maintenance task is deleting some of the SMTP, IMAP and POP3 logs from the Icewarp server. Is there a way to get a detailed log of that task so it yould be identified when and by which sub task the isewarp logs will be deleted? I already found an article that delas with taht but the description was not working for me.

Back