• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Database backup doesn't work - Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mysqldump: Exit code: 2 - MariaDB 10.6

octet

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.50_build1800230213.12
Plesk BackUp of databases fail:

</description>
</message>
<object type="Database" name="XXXXdb">
<message severity="warning">
<description>Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mysqldump: Exit code: 2: WARNING: Forcing protocol to TCP due to option specification. Please explicitly state intended protocol.
mysqldump: Got error: 1130: "Host '::1' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server" when trying to connect
</description>

my.cnf

[mysqld]
bind-address = ::
#skip_name_resolve=1

[root@hive ~]# mysql -V
mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.6.12-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

Anything else I need to do?

Are there additional directives in the [mysqldump] section? Has MariaDB been restarted since my.cnf was modified?

I've also seen your other post on a very strange webmail behavior. Maybe SELinux is interfering, e.g. limiting access to the MariaDB socket?

No mysqldump section. Yes, I've just restarted it again earlier this morning. Backup is set to daily so we will see if we get the same error tomorrow. Is there a way to check now?

Same issue also - turn off skip_name_resolve

Fix it by doing this:

edit /etc/mysql/my.cnf, e.g.:
# nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf

add the line and save the file:
skip_name_resolve = off

restart sql service with the command:
systemctl restart mariadb

the issue is caused by name resolution in mariadb as [email protected] and admin@localhost are two different users

Back