• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Database Cloning Message Issue

MorrisC

Basic Pleskian
When copy a database, plesk would copy it but hung at creating the db user, therefore, the database cloning message keeps on showing

Cloning the database xxxxxx to the database xxxxx. You will be notified of the progress by email (xxxxxxx).

Any fixes ?

*I checked if the database was copied, it showed it did but the user was not created for that newly copied one.

Thanks

Last edited:
further checking, it appears that it is the external mail server setting that is interfering it. I use port 465 with authentication required. It looks like either the firewall port 465 was not opened or the authentication has some error. Which error log should I check for smtp mail problem with MSMTP relay only mailserver (SMTP client)?

Thanks

Morris

Final report. If you uninstall dns server and mail server from plesk and use the MSMTP only. You need to make sure your mail relay works....I think MSMTP currently supports TLS only instead of SSL. I am trying to find the msmtp.conf...but i don't know where plesk put it. If you know, let me know! thanks!

Last edited:
Back