• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Database copy not working

Doug Pirila

New Pleskian
I am trying to create a staging site using a subdomain, copied the website, and tried to copy the database but it gives this error: "Unable to copy database "dbnmae" (.\MSSQLSERVERNAME) to the database "newdbname" (.\MSSQLSERVERNAME). The copying procedure failed."

What do I have to do to fix Plesk so I can use the copy database option?

Hi,

To backup & restore MS SQL database in PLESK

Go to Domains > domain name > Backup Manager -> Database Backup Repository

Select a check box corresponding to the database you want to back up and click Back Up.

Specify the name of the backup file and click OK

Restore.
----

Go to Domains > domain name > Backup Manager > Database Backup Repository, select the required backup file from the list

Regards,

Hi,

To backup & restore MS SQL database in PLESK

Go to Domains > domain name > Backup Manager -> Database Backup Repository

Select a check box corresponding to the database you want to back up and click Back Up.

Specify the name of the backup file and click OK

Restore.
----

Go to Domains > domain name > Backup Manager > Database Backup Repository, select the required backup file from the list

Regards,

I have no issues with backups and restores, but I have a new version of a site, copied the website and need to copy to database to the new database, but it never works. I have clicked copy and selected the databases, the system says it's cloning it, but I just get the email saying it did not work.

Is this a known issue? Or do I have to go to the server and management studio?

Thanks

Back