• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database for domain didn't migrate

K

kkaos

Hello,

How can you get Plesk to see a database that you manually copied over (using SCP on the Linux console) from one Linux Plesk server to another?

I recently migrated domains, subscriptions, etc., from a CentOS 4.8 Linux Plesk Panel 8.4 server to a CentOS 5.6 Linux Plesk Panel 10.2 server. An error caused one of the domains not to migrate completely to the new server. I was able to copy over manually the directory tree for the domain under /var/www/vhosts/<domain name> to the new server, and Plesk sees this domain and its files; however, when I tried to do the same with the database files from /var/lib/mysql/<database>, Plesk does not see the database on the new server.

I appreciate any advice on this matter!

Information about domain's databased is stored in Plesk database psa in corresponding tables. Therefore copying of /var/lib/mysql/<database> is not enough. Why you did not use Plesk Migration Manager for correct domains migration? For debugging possible problems I suggest you this KB article http://kb.odin.com/en/9679

IgorG, I did use the Migration Manager first, but it kept erring when trying to copy over that domain's files and settings. That's why I had to copy manually the domain's files to the new server. I'll take a look at /var/lib/mysql/psa and the link that you referenced. Thanks for your help!

Back