1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Database for domain didn't migrate

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by kkaos, Jun 8, 2011.

1. kkaos

kkaos Guest

Hello,

How can you get Plesk to see a database that you manually copied over (using SCP on the Linux console) from one Linux Plesk server to another?

I recently migrated domains, subscriptions, etc., from a CentOS 4.8 Linux Plesk Panel 8.4 server to a CentOS 5.6 Linux Plesk Panel 10.2 server. An error caused one of the domains not to migrate completely to the new server. I was able to copy over manually the directory tree for the domain under /var/www/vhosts/<domain name> to the new server, and Plesk sees this domain and its files; however, when I tried to do the same with the database files from /var/lib/mysql/<database>, Plesk does not see the database on the new server.

I appreciate any advice on this matter!

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
    Information about domain's databased is stored in Plesk database psa in corresponding tables. Therefore copying of /var/lib/mysql/<database> is not enough. Why you did not use Plesk Migration Manager for correct domains migration? For debugging possible problems I suggest you this KB article http://kb.odin.com/en/9679

3. kkaos

kkaos Guest

IgorG, I did use the Migration Manager first, but it kept erring when trying to copy over that domain's files and settings. That's why I had to copy manually the domain's files to the new server. I'll take a look at /var/lib/mysql/psa and the link that you referenced. Thanks for your help!