• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database Help

DWMTS1

New Pleskian
Hi Folks, I am new to Plesk.

I have added a domain and a database. I wish to give a 3rd party access to configure the database. How do I do this? Can I do it without giving them access to the control panel? Or, can I give them access to the control panel but only for this 1 domain name?

This is the first domain I've added - others will follow with similar requirements.

Cant find anything clear in documentation

Is this only domain in subscription? You can create new user and grant him access only to this subscription (if you have more domains under this subscription, he will see any domain, you can only restrict him to subscription). If your plans are as you said, i suggest to create every domain as new subscription so you can restrict them to only this subscription.

In addition, you can make custom user role and grant him only permission to create and manage databases, and of course assign to the new user this role (if you really want to limit him not to do anything else - check also other permissions when creating new user role).

Back