1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Database Help

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by DWMTS1, Nov 7, 2012.

1. DWMTS1

DWMTS1 New Pleskian

Hi Folks, I am new to Plesk.

I have added a domain and a database. I wish to give a 3rd party access to configure the database. How do I do this? Can I do it without giving them access to the control panel? Or, can I give them access to the control panel but only for this 1 domain name?

This is the first domain I've added - others will follow with similar requirements.

Cant find anything clear in documentation

2. MislavO

MislavO Regular Pleskian

85%
    Is this only domain in subscription? You can create new user and grant him access only to this subscription (if you have more domains under this subscription, he will see any domain, you can only restrict him to subscription). If your plans are as you said, i suggest to create every domain as new subscription so you can restrict them to only this subscription.

In addition, you can make custom user role and grant him only permission to create and manage databases, and of course assign to the new user this role (if you really want to limit him not to do anything else - check also other permissions when creating new user role).

3. DWMTS1

DWMTS1 New Pleskian

Thank you - looks like what I'm needing.