1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DB Webadmin Port 8401 reappeared in Plesk 9.5.4

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by 3psil0NM, Dec 27, 2010.

1. 3psil0NM

3psil0NM Guest

[Solved] DB Webadmin Port 8401 reappeared in Plesk 9.5.4 Win2008 R2

Hello,
    Today I upgraded from Plesk 9.5.3 to 9.5.4 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit with MSSQL addon.

Problem description:
    In 9.5.3 mssql webadmin went to correct url, in 9.5.4, it goes to port 8401 like this article exactly http://kb.odin.com/en/2224

- This happens only in Webadmin from Home screen (in admin account). In domains, it goes to correct url.

MySQL web admin works, no problems in that.

The workaround in that article does not work on 9.5.4, please we need a fix for this.
    Thanks in advance

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Login to Plesk 9.5.4 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit with MSSQL license applied with admin account.
    2. Home > Databases > MSSQL (.\SQLEXPRESS) > Webadmin

Expected result:
    - ASP.net Enterprise Manager opens

Actual result:
    - Plesk tries to go to http://<serverip>:8401/mssql/app/connect.aspx

Notes:
    - If you go to Domains > (choose any one) > Databases > (choose a MSSQL database) > Webadmin it goes correctly to mssql.domain.com and it opens, bug only in admin db webadmin.

- The workaround in article for 8.x doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
  2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Thank you for detailed report. I have submitted request to developers. I hope it will be fixed soon.

3. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    I have received following from developers:

4. 3psil0NM

3psil0NM Guest

Thank you for the reply, this is correct, it was my mistake. The firewall rule for port 8401 was not working which made me think the URL is wrong.

This case solved.