• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Dear Plesk team, please speed up Plesk

Hmm ...... thinking about migrating to cPanel right now......

.........and as soon as cPanel is slower (which already is the case), I will return to Plesk. ;)

No, just kidding.......I will stick to Plesk, as many former cPanel adepts are doing right now.

there is no getting away from the fact that plesk is drastically slower then it used to be.

It can take up to a minute to create new domains on standard (16gb ram / e3-1270 / ssd drives) dedicated servers which used to happen on comparable servers in seconds with older versions of plesk. I suppose you can argue that it is worth waiting for but wouldn't it be more useful to figure out why ?

I suppose you can argue that it is worth waiting for but wouldn't it be more useful to figure out why ?
The problem in that there are could be a lot of different reasons for why. I think that most likely they are related to the individual features of your hosting, server, settings and so on. And I suppose that the best way for identifying and elimination of that reasons is addressing to Plesk Support Team for deep investigation.

Hello all.

I do feel plesk slow also.

Domains are running fine, but plesk interface is slow. It takes sometimes up o 15 secs to start load a page, then it's instant. But this initial lag is always present

I'm on a VPS with 4 cores 12GB Ram and SSD storadge.

Any clue how to fix this?

Thank you.

Installing php 7.2 completely solved the problem for me (I also installed other components, so I'm not sure if it's just php). Previously, I waited a dozen seconds before the page loaded. Now everything is working incredibly quickly. The difference is like between hell and heaven.

Installing php 7.2 completely solved the problem for me...
Hmmm... I'm wondering how this can be possible: doesn't the Plesk panel run with its own PHP?

Personally I also found last Plesk Onyx 17.5 releases to be really slow, but now I've upgraded to 17.8.10 (a testing release...) and that's really quick, on a totally different level.

It happens, anyway, that sometimes the Panel becomes totally unresponsive and the only solution is to open a new fresh session.

uhhhh I'm lost.... Plesk runs its own internal version of PHP..... Did you upgrade to Onyx 17.8?

I'm on Plesk Version 17.5.3 Update #42 last updated on Feb 28.

Earlier, I had php 5.6 (os vendor) and php 7.0 installed. It was very slow. Now I installed php 7.2. But I also with php installed other components (Dovecot, Postfix, SpamAssassin. I did not have them installed before). So maybe it was a problem with my configuration.

Last edited:
@Tomek IMHO none of the components you have installed may have had a positive impact on your Plesk responsiveness.

On the other hand I see you are on #42: latest 17.5.3 I have used (and was slow) was #40: this can be...

well, mine is:

It's better now while moving on normal windows, website & domains, mail, applications, etc.

But it's still very slow if you go to updates & upgrades.

Lets see, I haven't enabled debugs yet.

# plesk version
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #42
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -v
PHP 5.6.30 (cli) (built: Sep 12 2017 11:11:16)

# plesk version
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.10
PHP 7.1.14 (cli) (built: Feb 9 2018 14:36:24) ( NTS )

Feel the difference!

# plesk version
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #42
PHP 5.6.30 (cli) (built: Sep 12 2017 11:11:16)

# plesk version
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.10
PHP 7.1.14 (cli) (built: Feb 9 2018 14:36:24) ( NTS )

Feel the difference!

So in my case is it not php version was the source of the problem.

I can not wait for the Plesk 17.8. If it's faster, I'll be overjoyed! :)

Back