• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Debian and rblsmtpd

L

linsec

Guest
Hello,

Im trying to get rblsmtpd to work using the standard psa provided package, however I dont believe it is working.

After lots reading up on rblsmtp and how plesk uses it, I think my problem is related to the fact that debian still uses inetd instead of xinetd, and the plesk installer does not activate rblsmtpd in inetd.

Here is my smtp line from inetd:

smtp stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true

I cant see anywhere where it is running rblsmtpd. Anyone know the correct syntax in inetd when using rblsmtpd?

This is probably a bug in the debian installer of plesk, im hoping i can just manually add the rblsmtpd command into the smtp line above.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Shane.
 
i can just confirm this problem.
i have debian 3.1, installed a fresh copy of plesk 7.5.4 and do have this problem, there is no rblsmtpd in /etc/inetd.conf

so i manually added rblsmtpd this way:

smtp stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r bl.spamcop.net -r relays.ordb.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/greylist /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
 
Originally posted by Hal9000
i can just confirm this problem.
i have debian 3.1, installed a fresh copy of plesk 7.5.4 and do have this problem, there is no rblsmtpd in /etc/inetd.conf

so i manually added rblsmtpd this way:

smtp stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r bl.spamcop.net -r relays.ordb.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/greylist /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true

this will not work, smtp cannot accept new external connection after that change and spamassassin got errors such bad protocol: header error.
any other ways to enable MAPS on debian?
it is not a DNS problem.

http://www.linuxsa.org.au/pipermail/linuxsa/2005-October/081194.html
 
There is this thread, see the posts from Shadowman and _Tek, he says he got it working by installing xinetd onto the debian server and then running rblsmtpd in xinetd.

https://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?postid=124153&highlight=debian+AND+smtp#post124151

Post by Slydahunter on installing xinetd:
https://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=123941#post123941

Note: I do not use Debian, all I am doing is posting links to additional information about your problem which I remembered seeing in previous posts. I hope this helps you find a solution.
 
I've read almost everything about plesk 7.5 on these forum, I ended up installing greylisting. thanks.
 
Back
Top