• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [Debian] MySQL Remote connections not possible

PluginDB

New Pleskian
Hello,

today i tried to use sqlyog to connect to several databases on my plesk server.

Unfortunately it responds with the Error Nr. 2003 which means that quote:

* There is no MySQL server running at the specified host

* Connection to the MySQL server is not allowed using TCP-IP. Check the 'skip-networking' setting in the MySQL configuration file (my.ini on Windows, my.cnf on Unix/Linux). It shall be commented out like '#skip-networking'. If it is not commented out, then do it and restart the MySQL server for the change to take effect. SQLyog needs to connect using TCP-IP.

* Some networking issue prevents connection. It could be a network malconfiguration or a firewall issue. We have experienced sometimes that some firewalls (ZoneAlarm in particular) is blocking TCP-IP connections even if it claims to be disabled. Most often it will help to uninstall and reinstall the firewall.

* When trying to connect to a MySQL server at an ISP this error message often indicates that direct connection to MySQL has been blocked. You must then use HTTP-tunneling or SSH-tunneling to connect.

So, i opened the firewall ports (incoming & outgoing) but that didnt work out.

Than i tried to connect using the IP instead of the domain (fails)

The next thing i tried is looking if all databases are able to be reached by outside connections. Everything seems to be fine.

I after a while of googling i found a possible solution:

- In /etc/my.cnf: What does the line "bind-address" say? It should read
bind-address = ::
Restart the service after setting this default.

- The firewall may allow MySQL connections, but fail2ban may have blocked your remote host temporarily. Check if its IP address is listed and if so, whitelist it.

- On your remote host, check that the name of the database server (your Plesk host) is spelled correctly and resolves to the IP address of your Plesk host. Your software might not even connect to the correct host.

There isn't a

Code:
#skip-networking

neither a

Code:
bind-ipaddress

section. what do i do now?

Hi PluginDB,

let's check the network, pls. with the example - command over SSH:

netstat -tlpn | grep :3306

Back