• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Dedicated application pools stop when accessing the websites

iopsec

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I have an issue with Plesk 11. I have a few websites with different subscriptions, each running in a dedicated application pool.

The moment I access the website (via browser), the application pool is automagically stopped and 503 Service Unavailable is returned.

After I manually start the application pool, it runs (no stop icon for that app pool in IIIS Manager) until the first attempt to load the website is made.
The users for the respective pools are the ones created by Plesk when subscriptions were created.

Any idea why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thx

Details: Pesk Panel 11.0.9 Update #53, IIS8, running on Windows Server 2012.

Hi SvetlanaS,

I agree it was not enough information on my original post, but I managed to solve the issue.

The cause for application pool stopping on accessing the website was due to the lack of permissions. This was happening because my inetpub directory was moved from the default location of C:\inetpub to another drive. In the Parallels DiskSecurity.xml settings file, the permissions for Psaadm and Psacln are set with %SystemDrive%\inetpub directive which resulted in granting the permission to the old/default C:\inetpub. Changed that to my new path and reapplied the rules and it works now.

Thanks for replying though!

Thank you for quick reply.
Such issue with permission was fixed in Plesk 11.5 (scenario when inetpub location was changed by executing script moveiis7root.bat and only after that Plesk was installed.)
But you should remember that the only one correct way for changing virtual host location with pemissions is to launch "Plesk Reconfigurator".

Last edited:
you change the application pool settings from IIS, try resetting the recycle time and other session times. That should help you.

Back