• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Default Permissions for Domains

Storm_

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm very new to Plesk and have been searching for a few hours now but haven't been able to find assistance with an issue I'm having.

I've installed the Plesk Panel onto a windows 2008 server. It's all good, web sites are flowing and I'm really happy with the software. The issue I'm having is a customer has an asp site with an access database. After I uploaded their site, they couldn't write to the database, so I had to manually go and set the permission on the database for the "Plesk IIS Anonymous Account (IUSR_xxx)" user to have modify access on the file.

So my question is this, how can I set up the default hosting account to already allow this and so I don't have to go an waste time tweaking the folders manually trying to find the right permissions?

Also, why is it the Plesk IIS Anonymous account that needed to have it's permissions tweaked and not the "Default Plesk application pool user (IWAM_plesk(default))" which is the user who's configured on the application pool in IIS? I can't see where the Plesk IIS Anon user is being used.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Storm

go to plesk reconfiguration >> check permission section and go to check vhost security and run the check

Back