• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Deleting Wordpress 4.4

Chris Sarawa

New Pleskian
Hello there, i backed up my website and went for to upgrade wordpress to 4.4 version after a while now all my database is gone, nothing shows up.

I have removed the Wordpress Application several times now, but it doesn't get removed yet despite the fact that my plesk notifies me each time that the Application was removed successfully.

As a result of this iam unable to re-install any wordpress on my site now, here.. i have attached a screen shot explaining exactly this issue.
12722441_541643799344305_874760065_o.jpg

upgrade wordpress to 4.4 version after a while now all my database is gone, nothing shows up
Unfortunately you have not provided any detail of this initial issue. As result it is really very difficult to understand what is wrong there. Detailed investigation directly on your server is required. Therefore I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team - https://cscontact.plesk.com/form/32/?Product=Plesk

Hello IgorG
Thanks a lot for your quick reply, I've discovered that the issue is because I installed the Wordpress in my domain root directory, and then i tried to delete the Application from ; Application>Management Install Application>then I click "Remove" after the 4.4 Wordpress shows up, then i get "Information: The app was removed.", but when I refresh the page, I can still see the Wordpress Application installed.

It is that Wordpress which is hindering fresh installation of Wordpress by occupying the root directory.
Please kindly just help me in this two ways:
  • Help me with how I can remove the Wordpress from the root directory of my domain
  • If there exists, show me or give me a link where I can learn how to install Wordpress in a subdirectory or any folder and it still works with my website (literally how to fill the installation section which says "Specify the location where this web application should be installed" while installing Wordpress in a way that can get the Wordpress installed in a different directory apart from root directory which is now occupied Wordpress that isn't even allowing me to access my site)
Thanks in advance.

Back