• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Delivered Messages

O

omegauser

Hi,

Take a look at this:
done remote [email protected]
remote [email protected]

The one that does not have DONE, I assume was not delivered, now does that means the server returned an error to the sender????

I have many tickets from my customes that says: My messages are not arriving, or taking to long.

I already have the -RT0 in the args.
My question is: Does the server always returns a message with the error when the email sent was not received??? or just is in queue?

By default Plesk will process only, I think, 20 remote connections at a time. If your clients are sending list email this is not adequate and will cause the mail queue to be clogged.

Here is the optimization I use that allows up to 400 remote connections. My servers now send something like 10-20 emails per second:

Code:
echo 400 > /var/qmail/control/concurrencyremote
service qmail restart
You may also want to inrease local delivery slightly:
Code:
echo 100 > /var/qmail/control/concurrencylocal
service qmail restart
Note: I do not use anything like the -RT0 option you mention - I use the Plesk default with the above mods.

Hope that helps
--
ListMailPRO PHP email list management

Hi,

Thanks for your help, now, where do I put that code? does it goes in a special file?
Or I must create a new one? or just run the command?

thanks

You run the commands via an SSH shell as root.

The following creates a new file named concurrencyremote in the /var/qmail/control folder with the single line contents:

Code:
echo 400 > /var/qmail/control/concurrencyremote

You must restart qmail for the options to take effect:
Code:
service qmail restart
Regards,
DW

Back