• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Delivery Subsystem Error

X

xerex

Mail Delivery Subsystem Error

Just recently I have been getting the following emails...

MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.

Message is waiting at domain.com for delivery to 207.218.64.146.

Reason: Mail Server for bounce.offorumail.com could not accept your email at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.

Message headers follow:

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Delivery Failure
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:39:23 -0500
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Precedence: bulk

Why is this happening. I have read a little bit and some suggest that it is the firewall, but I don't have it enabled. Also my relay is closed and the server has port 53 ( DNS ) open. Could someone please help me out with this problem.

I'm experiencing this problem also.

Anybody got a solution?

-Andres

it just means the server you are trying to send to has some problems and that your mailserver will try sending it again later..

look into the log files and look up the exact reason the desttination host is denying your mail.

i have the same problem and after i turned of the spam assistant it worked better.

Same problem

I am also having the same problem and now I am receiving up to 400 of these emails in less that 1 hr. Is there anyway that I can stop receiving these emails? Do I have to erase my email from some option?

Ok, I found solution,
Load up ME Administrator, and goto
ME -> ME Managment-> Servers -> Connectors
Right-Click on SMTP and goto properties
Then Goto the Delivery Tab
and you'll see "Delay notifications:"
Set it to Every Retry, Never, or First Retry Only

Also if you got back to the SMTP tab you can add an alternative SMTP port.. to handle your SBC or other ISPs that block port 25 to send mail. (SBC allows port 587)

Hope this helps yall!!

Back