• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Deploying OSCommerce to the Root of a Site

R

RCorbet

Hi,

A customer has requested that we deploy oscommerce to the root of their web space on the domain they host on our Plesk server.

I have tried to omit the path from the OSCommerce deployment dialogue, or change it to /, but it only permits me to deploy to a named folder.

Is there any way to get Plesk to automatically deploy to the root of the site?

A workaround may be to deploy OSC to a folder, and then use a 100% frame redirect to point to the installation folder. I would rather avoid this if possible.

An alternative, would be to just set up a MySQL database, and then install OSC manually into the root. Again, this defeats the benefits of the automatic installation offerted by Plesk.

Any tips on how to get Plesk to install OSC into the root of a domain would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Roland

i install it to root all the time. you just need to edit the configure.php and make sure that your servers open_basedir is correct.

Back