• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Deprecated Program Name Warning After Upgrading to MariaDB 11.4

Daerik

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
After upgrading to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64 and MariaDB 11.4 (from 10.11), I am encountering a persistent deprecation warning when running plesk db commands:

[root@plesk ~]# plesk db "SELECT 'test';"
mysql: Deprecated program name. It will be removed in a future release, use '/usr/bin/mariadb' instead

I’ve confirmed that /usr/bin/mysql is correctly symlinked to mariadb:

[root@plesk ~]# ll /usr/bin/mysql
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Sep 23 20:31 /usr/bin/mysql -> mariadb

To further troubleshoot, I also added an alias in .bashrc to alias mysql to mariadb, which stops the deprecation warning when executing mysql directly. However, the warning persists when using Plesk's db command, and this is also causing false positives in my cron jobs.

My question is whether Plesk plans to update the db command to better handle MariaDB 11.4, or if there's a workaround I can use to prevent this warning from triggering in Plesk CLI and cron jobs.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

--

P.S. How do I mark these issue posts as resolved? I've found forum posts about it, but it appears my membership level is too low to do it myself.

Back