• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Desperate!

DaGeek

New Pleskian
Hello All:
I am running Plesk 11. I was having trouble with Clminter so I converted to QMail. Box was still running, but didn't solve other problems so I reinstalled Postfix.

Now my server is VERY slow if not unresponsive it appears as if sendmail is eating all of my memory! My server and several client sites is down.

I can boot up in 'rescue' mode ( 1and1 server ), but as soon as I go live, sendmail kills all.

Any ideas?

Appreciate any and ALL suggestions!

Brian

Hi:

Thanks for your reply. I was able to get the server up and running by killing /usr/sbin/sendmail ( and sendmail.postfix ).

I expected to have to reinstall, but everything was working fine after deletion. I am guessing it was loading this version along with a psa version?

Anyway, long day, but working now.

Thanks,
Brian

Another note... There was a file - sendmail.postfix - I had renamed it and, although I wasn't getting errors, mail wasn't being sent! Renamed it back and all was well.

Back