• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Diagnose & Repair errors

PeopleInside

Regular Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Diagnose & Repair errors

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.41 Update #1, last updated on Feb 21, 2022 08:19 PM , Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

On Diagnose & Repair, when I do a complete or partial check I get errors.
I asked help here and a Plesk Guru suggested to open a bug report.

Web & FTP Servers

The operation failed with the following error: {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking Plesk version","level":1} {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking Plesk version","level":1} {"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking for custom configuration templates","level":1} {"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking for custom configuration templates","level":1} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking associations between domains and IP addresses","level":1} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking associations between domains and IP addresses","level":1} {"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking for corrupted reference between IP collections and IP\naddresses","level":1} {"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking for corrupted reference between IP collections and IP\naddresses","level":1} {"id":5,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking for links between APS applications and subscriptions","level":1} {"id":5,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking for links between APS applications and subscriptions","level":1} {"id":6,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking for nginx ULIMIT value","level":1} {"id":6,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking for nginx ULIMIT value","level":1} {"id":7,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking for extra configurations in database not owned by any object","level":1} {"id":7,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking for extra configurations in database not owned by any object","level":1} {"id":8,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking the configuration of Apache modules","level":0} {"id":8,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking the configuration of Apache modules","level":0} {"id":9,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking web server configuration. Please wait...","level":0} {"id":9,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking web server configuration. Please wait...","level":0} {"id":10,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking the usage of PHP handlers","level":0} {"id":11,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"error","message":"1 service plans with unregistered PHP handlers were found.","level":1} {"id":12,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"info","message":"The issue could be resolved only in the interactive mode (without -y and -n options).","level":1} {"id":13,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking for obsolete PHP-FPM configuration files","level":0} {"id":13,"cmd":"plesk repair web -n","type":"success","message":"Checking for obsolete PHP-FPM configuration files","level":0}

1-immagine-2022-03-25-183851-png.20459

File System
The operation failed with the following error: {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking Linux system files","level":0} {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"success","message":"Checking Linux system files","level":0} {"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"error","message":"There is incorrect ownership on some items in the WWW root directory of the domain 'helpdesk.peopleinside.it'.","level":1} {"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"info","message":"One or more files or directories in the root directory of the domain 'helpdesk.peopleinside.it' are either writable by anyone or neither readable nor writable by the owner. Such permissions are insecure and may result in or indicate a security breach.","level":1}

2-immagine-2022-03-25-183937-png.20460

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

On Diagnose & Repair, when I do a complete or partial check I get errors.

ACTUAL RESULT

I get error, see above

EXPECTED RESULT

All should be fine, no errors.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Thank you for the report.

Pic 1 where "0 issue(s) detected" is a cosmetic bug EXTPLESK-2409 that is described at https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019472959
It can be ignored.

Pic 2 .Error
One or more files or directories in the root directory of the domain 'example.com' are either writable by anyone or neither readable nor writable by the owner. Such permissions are insecure and may result in or indicate a security breach.

This means that there are files with non-default permissions. This article can be checked https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002618425 .

Hi, thank you for the reply.

Pic1
I will ignore. The guide you mention say fix all issue should fix this issue but is not.

Resolution​

This is a cosmestic issue. In order to fix it.

1. Log into Plesk.
  2. Go to Tools & Settings > Diagnose & Repair and click on Repair to fix issues automatically.
This is never fixing the error.

Pic2

I done the two commands but I still have the same error if I do the repair check.

I done the two commands but I still have the same error if I do the repair check.
I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team in this case. They will check and fix the issue directly on your server.

Do the issues get fixed when you run the commands from the command line?

# plesk repair fs
and
# plesk repair web

Do the issues get fixed when you run the commands from the command line?
# plesk repair fs
and
# plesk repair web
I need to try this, need to run as root in root or as user in the domain root folder?

Thank you @maartenv !

plesk repair fs by SSH works, found the issue and fixed.
This is what is said from SSH.
The issue is fixed also in the UI so is the UI that was not working well and are unable to fix.

If I run plesk repair web
I get all checks OK but at the end:
Reinstall SSL/TLS certificates and set the default certificate for all IP addresses? [Y/n]

Here I don't know if say yes or no.

I said not than

service plans with unregistered PHP handlers were found ......... [ERROR]
To see more details, run the command in the verbose mode: plesk repair web -verbose
Use the following PHP handler to fix the issue:
1. [ ] 8.0.17 (FastCGI application)
2. [ ] 7.4.3 (FastCGI application)
3. [ ] 8.1.4 (FastCGI application)
4. [ ] 8.0.17 (FPM application)
5. [ ] 8.0.17 (Dedicated FPM application)
6. [ ] 8.0.17 (CGI application)
7. [ ] 7.4.3 (FPM application)
8. [ ] 7.4.3 (Dedicated FPM application)
9. [ ] 8.1.4 (CGI application)
10. [ ] 8.1.4 (FPM application)
11. [ ] 8.1.4 (Dedicated FPM application)
12. [ ] 7.4.3 (mod_php)
13. [ ] 7.4.3 (CGI application)
14. [ ] Disable PHP support
15. [*] Do not fix

I get this:

service plans with unregistered PHP handlers were found ......... [ERROR]
To see more details, run the command in the verbose mode: plesk repair web -verbose
Use the following PHP handler to fix the issue:
1. [ ] 8.0.17 (FastCGI application)
2. [ ] 7.4.3 (FastCGI application)
3. [ ] 8.1.4 (FastCGI application)
4. [ ] 8.0.17 (FPM application)
5. [ ] 8.0.17 (Dedicated FPM application)
6. [ ] 8.0.17 (CGI application)
7. [ ] 7.4.3 (FPM application)
8. [ ] 7.4.3 (Dedicated FPM application)
9. [ ] 8.1.4 (CGI application)
10. [ ] 8.1.4 (FPM application)
11. [ ] 8.1.4 (Dedicated FPM application)
12. [ ] 7.4.3 (mod_php)
13. [ ] 7.4.3 (CGI application)
14. [ ] Disable PHP support
15. [*] Do not fix

Back