• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

different users share mailbox in plesk?

H

HopChop

I have a problem, and I don't really know if it is a feature or a bug.

Let's say one client creates two domains (domain1.com and domain2.com). He then creates a user with the username "test" on both his domains. The users will now appear as the same. They will share the same mailbox and if the password for one of the users is changed, the other users password will also change. Is there a way to change this so that the same client can have many users with the same username but on different domains? Anyone knows what happens if there is a user with mailbox on one domain and only a forward-user on the other?

Another strange this is if client2 creates a user with the same username (test) on domain3. He will not be able to change the password to the same as the test-users on domain1 and domain2. So this client will be able to guess that if he can't set one password (and it's not to short, a dictionary word or a part of the usermane) then someone else are using this username and password. Doesn't seem so good to me.

Back