• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable mail on domain

JurgenV

New Pleskian
Hi,

SITUATION

Subscription used for DNS and Webhosting. Client uses exchange at the company location. MX records are set in Plesk DNS to point to the customer's site.

PROBLEM
but when the website's contactpage want's to send an email to [email protected], it does not get sent to the customer.
I assume that plesk tries to deliver it at the plesk server itself but no mailbox exist for that domain...

ACTION TAKEN
In older versions I could go to "mail" section for that domain and click "disable email", but in plesk 10 there no such button right?

thanks

You are correct. If mail is enabled for a domain, it is delivered locally no matter what the MX records are set to.

The enable email tick box is still there. In the Mail tab for the domain, click on Change Settings just above the list of addresses and you'll see a tick box saying "Activate mail service on domain".

Note that I seem to remember that if you have more than one domain within a Subscription then this setting is affects all domains within the Subscription. If this is a problem for you then you just need to move the domain to its own Subscription.

You are correct. If mail is enabled for a domain, it is delivered locally no matter what the MX records are set to.

The enable email tick box is still there. In the Mail tab for the domain, click on Change Settings just above the list of addresses and you'll see a tick box saying "Activate mail service on domain".

Note that I seem to remember that if you have more than one domain within a Subscription then this setting is affects all domains within the Subscription. If this is a problem for you then you just need to move the domain to its own Subscription.

thank you Faris!

Back