• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable mail sending from non existent domain

J

jaimet

One of my users is sending e-mails with my server for a domain that is NOT stored on my server.

For example, i have in my plesk server 2 domains:

domain1.com
domain2.com

And i have a user that has a web site on domain1.com

But he's set up his email program to send emails from domain3.com thorugh my server. So when he sends mailings, and the receiver does not exist, the mail bounces to my server, where domain3 is not present, and therefore i get a failure :

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at hostname99860.theplanet.host.
I tried to deliver a bounce message to this address, but the bounce bounced!

It is normal as the domain3 does not exist on my server. But the thing is:

I want to set up my mail server to deny sending emails thorugh my server where the domain on the sender account is not stored on my server. This is also a security thing, cause i don't want anybody to send emails from other domains that are not stored on my plesk server. This is very important to me.

I've read this thread and THIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM.

my user is sending emalis with a different domain on the sender address and I want my mail server to block this. I don't want my users to send mails from an email domain that is not stored on my plesk server.

RTM Bounce Bounce

what the message says is that if the user exists on your servers goto group operations and change the status of the existent domain.

alternative: cancel the user

alternative: check to see if you have been hacked

alternative: get a spamblocker/webblocker like Watchguard, Checkpoint, Barracuda

Back