• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

disable "Products from Parallels Partners" link

Roy Boverhof

Basic Pleskian
I just spent 10 minutes looking for a way to stop Parallels from stealing my customers... fortunately you can hide all the domain / ssl registrattion ****... but how do I get rid of "Products from Parallels Partners" in the settings panel?

Really Parallels, every time I use your products I hate you a little bit more... why would you actively promote services to clients that not belong to you!?

Shall I just hand you my entire business? That would save me the hassle of having to deal with all the stress that your products cause. I have wasted so much time installing /debugging your products and instead of making them better your try to steal by business..... sheesh... a new low, even for Parallels! :(

I guess you hidden this options in: "Tools & Settings -> Interface management -> Interface Controls Visibility".

Are you the only one who has access to the plesk? OR you're selling servers together with Plesk panel and that's why this link is bothering you & you wan't to remove it? I've never looked up to this link and I'm every day few hours on different servers in panel.

Maybe try to check this:
/opt/psa/admin/panel/application/resources/languages/en-US/controllers/server/tools.php
/opt/psa/admin/panel/application/resources/languages/en-US/components/lists/modules.php

- i found here this strings, so, on your own risk you can try to delete them or what ever (NOTE: i didn't tried this, so don't blame me if something happens/plesk panel stop working)

p.s. first time i saw this link is bothering someone, and you don't have to be so negative in public and insult here (look your tags you posted) - I'm not defending anyone here, but if you don't like something, contact them, explain them your problems - this is public forum where people helps to each other, you don't act here with "rage mode is turned on"

Yeah, I'm selling a server with Plesk installed... I pay plenty of money to Parallels, why would they need to have ads in the panel?

Anyway... I read somewhere that there's a file called "panel.ini" that you can use to disable some of this ****, haven't been able to find it though :(

Are you sure the name of file is "panel.ini" ? I can't also find anything with that name....only "panel.log".

Ok... so apparently I need to create a file called panel.ini in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf

I added:

[facebook]
showLikeLink = false

[promos]
enabled = off

[aps]
serverAppsPromoEnabled = off
commercialAppsEnabled = false

[rating]
enabled = false

Then restarted psa: service psa restart

That did the trick... well most of it as I still see "Products from Parallels Partners"... annoying... Parallels: it's called a control panel... PANEL being the important word here, I know you want squeeze more money out me and my clients, but this is just ridiculous! I spent a couple hours googling / ploughing though help files / reading the forum to find a way to get rid of this ****!

There's a term for this kind of behaviour by a company, it's called "shitting your customers in the face".