• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disk-Quota Modification of existing vhosts fails

Z

ZeroIrie64

When I change the disk-quota-settings for a certain vhost via plesk, the new value gets stored but that's it.
Even 24h after my changes nothing happenend, I 'm still getting those "Notification of problem Domains"-Emails.

Any clou?

TIA
zeroirie64

Plesk has two types of disk quota:
- domain disk quota (you can change it on the domain's limits page)
- FTP user hard quota (you can change it on the virtual host configuration page)

and plesk sends a notifications about Domains disk quota exceeding. There is no sense to send a notification about Hard quota, because you cannot excceed it :).

So just try to change Domains limits.

Domain Disk Quota

That's what I am talking about: I changed the Domain Disk Quota. Even I did so those Domains show up as "Disk- / Trafficquota exceeded" marked with an orange Exclamation mark.
As far as I read the Administrator's Manual, Plesk checks every 24h whether a vhost has exceeded its quotas.
So it found one of my vhosts in violation with its domain-disk-quota an send me an notification-email about this. I simply changed the domain-disk-quota to a much higher amount of MB. I expected Plesk to recalculate the use of quotas after 24h. What can I say: This vhost is still marked as domain-disk-quota exceeded even some days passed by....

As far as I read the Administrator's Manual, Plesk checks every 24h whether a vhost has exceeded its quotas

Actually, Plesk calculates disk space every 24 hours, not the fact that domain exceeds quota. This means that if you change Domains disk space limit and/or Domains traffic limit to the values more than real diskspace and traffic usage, then such domain must not be marked with orange Exclamation sign right after changing values. I suggest you to check once more, that diskspace or traffic really not exceeded.

Originally posted by defencer
Plesk has two types of disk quota:
- domain disk quota (you can change it on the domain's limits page)
- FTP user hard quota (you can change it on the virtual host configuration page)

and plesk sends a notifications about Domains disk quota exceeding. There is no sense to send a notification about Hard quota, because you cannot excceed it :).

So just try to change Domains limits.
I'm a WEBppliance switcher and new to Plesk. Can the hard disk quota be exceeded if I set the mailbox quota to unlimited?

I'm a WEBppliance switcher and new to Plesk. Can the hard disk quota be exceeded if I set the mailbox quota to unlimited?

1) Hard quota cannot be exceeded by definition
2) There are no any links between hardquota for system user and mailbox quota. Hard quota disable your system user exceed disk space of the user's files. But mailbox's files belongs to "popuser" user, not to your FTP user. So these are completelly different quotas.

Back