• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Display position of images are not consistent

Renko v

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm using Presence Builder version 12.0.5 and i'm experiencing some strange reposition of the images on my site.

First i uploaded an image with the editor to my website header and checked it on my published page.
On my published page i noticed that the position of the image i uploaded is different then when i look in the editor.

To see the difference i uploaded two screenshots:

Image position in the editor:
Schermafbeelding 2014-05-19 om 14.04.33.png

Image position on the published page
Schermafbeelding 2014-05-19 om 14.04.48.png

I noticed a difference in the in the source of the editor and the published page css file.

This is the source of the editor (inline css)
<div class="header-image" id="ext-gen710" style="background-image: url(http://..../sites/f2/f28b7b7fc93453...nts/builtin/Header/alumni_02.jpg?1400496081); border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; height: 345px; background-size: 867px 667px; background-position: 0px -102px;"></div>

This is the source of the published page css
height: 345px;
background-image: url(../attachments/Header/published_alumni_02.jpg);
border-radius: 0 0 0 0;
background-size: cover;
background-position: center center;

As you can see the editor does not render the position of the image to the published css file, instead the default values of the background-size and background-position is used.
( default = background-size: cover; and background-position: center center ). This default value is, i believe, the problem with the strange positioning of the image on the published page.

Can anyone confirm this "bug"? And is it possible to fix this?
Now the website is not consistent when building in the editor and publishing to my website.

I hope to hear from you soon!
With kind regards,
Renko

Last edited:
Hi,
Please try to change your site layout from "liquid" width to static width. This resolves issue?

Hi Egor,

Unfortunately, this was not the solution. I managed to take some more screenshots to (hopefully) make the problem more clear.
I've tested different themes but they all have the same issues when it comes to positioning of the images.

First screenshot : Fixed width.
example-1-fixed-width.jpg

Second screenshot : Fluid width (as you suggested)
example-2-fluid-width.jpg

The differences between the editor and the published website are:
1. Position of the image
2. The quality of the image

Are there any workarounds available for this issue, i don't think i'm the only one with this problem am i?
Please, if its possible, can you contact me directly (maybe call me) to fix this?

I hope to hear from you soon.
With kind regards,
Renko

Back