• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DKIM Config

NicolaiVdS

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have followed this (https://matoski.com/article/spf-dk-dkim-plesk-debian/) guide to setup DKIM on plek but i keep getting errors and cant find the issue.

this is the respons when i mail [email protected]25.com

Code:
==========================================================
Summary of Results
==========================================================
SPF check:          pass
DomainKeys check:   neutral
DKIM check:         fail
DKIM check:         permerror
SpamAssassin check: ham

full respons
http://hastebin.com/atixurezaw.txt

DKIM is fixed in the tut it say's to add this
Code:
smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:8891, inet:127.0.0.1:12768
this causes problems with postfix i changed it to
Code:
smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:8891
and made sure the openDKIM is also using
Code:
Socket inet:8891@localhost
in its config file.

all i have to resolve is the DomainKeys: neutral error

Hi NicolaiVdS,

well, you will experience other issues now, because you left out the Plesk "pc-remote" - milter now, by leaving out "inet:127.0.0.1:12768". The correct setting would be:
Code:
smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:12768, inet:127.0.0.1:8891

Plesk documentation ( KB - article 129288 ):
The service pc-remote here is essential for mail service on the server. In fact, Postfix will not accept incoming messages and will not process the mail queue if this service is absent or down. Postfix connects to the pc-remote service when the sender connects to the server, before the message is saved into the mail queue, before the message is sent to a remote server, and before the message is delivered to the local mailbox. Each time, Postfix submits the message to pc-remote and waits for a response.

If the message passes all filters of a particular stage of mail delivery, pc-remote gives it a go and Postfix continues the delivery.

If the message is matched by one of the filters, pc-remote might tell Postfix to reject the message (e.g., When Postfix receives mail for a mailbox that is over quota, the pc-remotemilter will reject the message), or will return the message to Postfix modified (e.g., with an added header).

Please note that pc-remote milter works only together with Postfix. This milter will be automatically removed if the "Qmail" service is used.

Hi NicolaiVdS,

well, you will experience other issues now, because you left out the Plesk "pc-remote" - milter now, by leaving out "inet:127.0.0.1:12768". The correct setting would be:
Code:
smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:12768, inet:127.0.0.1:8891

Plesk documentation ( KB - article 129288 ):

ok thanks most of the issues are fixed now all thats left is
Code:
DomainKeys check:   neutral
and
Code:
any ideas how to fix these ?

http://hastebin.com/yorocevaxe.txt

Hi NicolaiVdS,

why do you think that

is an issue, that has to be fixed? ham = NO spam / spam = spam

Your current test with the help of "port25.com" has several tests, one is a "DomainKeys" - test, but you have only installed "DKIM" on your server. In previous Plesk versions, Plesk used "DomainKeys" to sign eMails, but with Plesk Onyx, you are now going to sign eMails with "DKIM". Both procedures are similar, but not the very same. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back