• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved DKIM for domain alias when Synchronized DNS using MailEnable

andysuch

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2022
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 #1
I have a main domain and a number of alias domains (34) for this main domain, each alias is used to show a branded version of the website. Each domain can send email using the alias domain address.

Each alias has:
Synchronize DNS zone with the primary domain: ON
Mail service: ON
Web service: ON

1716906660227.png

Beacause the DNS records are syncronised the DKIM record is the same for all alias domains.

When I enable DKIM in Plesk, only the main domain has DKIM signing active, all the alias domains do not.

When I check Mailenable Managment Console, plesk has only enabled DKIM on the main domain.

If I enable DKIM on an alias via MailEnable, the DNS TXT key record is different to the record for the main domain, but because the DNS zones for alias are syncronised I cant edit the DNS record of an alias to change the DNS TXT record.

I could switch off Synchronize DNS zone for all the alias domains, currently I have 34 alias domains, this will grow over time, then set the DKIM manually for each alias, but if I do this then everytime I make a DNS change on the main domain I would need to do this on all alias domains which would take a long time.

Is there any way around this keeping the DNS zones syncronised?

Thanks.

Should anyone need a workround for this situation I have found something that works until I can implement something better.

Configure DKIM for main domain via Plesk interface
Enable DKIM for each domain alias via MailEnable managamnet console.
Make the selector the same as the domain name alias.
Create a new DNS DKIM TXT key record on the main domain for each alias copying the TXT record data that is generated by MailEnable.

This appears to work and means I can still keep all alias domains DNS syncronised.

eg.

maindomain.com - DKIM configured via plex console

alias1.com - alias1.com_domainkey.maindomain.com - DNS TXT from MailEnable
alias2.com - alias2.com_domainkey.maindomain.com - DNS TXT from MailEnable
alias3.com - alias3.com_domainkey.maindomain.com - DNS TXT from MailEnable

Back