• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS broken for long canonical name attached to CNAME

X

Xina57

Hi - today we discovered all our websites download links are broken and we are unable to access the Amazon bucket where they are stored. Other buckets are still accessible.

When accessing Plesk I see an update has been applied....

The error reported is The remote name could not be resolved: 'download.ourwebsitename.com.s3.amazonaws.com'

I looked at DNS and discover that the the canonical name is correct but in the DNS listing displays with a line feed... is this the cause of the URL being unresolved?

download.ourwebsitename.com.s3.amazona
ws.com

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk 10.20 for Windows, Windows 2008 R2, 64Bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
(since as a matter of urgency I will need to create new locations and update our links this will not be reproducable so no point in using our real site name)

Unable to download files e.g.
download.ourwebsitename.com/filename
fails with The remote name could not be resolved: 'download.ourwebsitename.com.s3.amazonaws.com

Download.ourwebsitename.com is CNAME linked to our long established S3 account

ACTUAL RESULT
fails
When attempting to access bucket on S3 get log msg

2012-01-23 11:31:03,866 [Base] [14] ERROR - Internal do request error. Retry failed: attempts left 1
System.Net.WebException
The remote name could not be resolved: 'download.ourwebsitename.com.s3.amazonaws.com'

EXPECTED RESULT
downloads

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Thanks for any advice / help

Christina

? resolved

Have no idea why but the situation now seems resolved ... files are accessible from the correct location....
Panic over
Christina

Back