• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Problems

deltatech

Regular Pleskian
Up until a month ago, I was running a single plesk 12.0.18 server. Then I created a second plesk 12.0.18 server and moved half of the domains from the first server to the second.

Ever since I moved those domains to the second server, the first server is getting flooded with DNS requests for the domains which were moved to the second server.

The error is...
named[23227]: client 98.139.193.171#36333: query (cache) 'thedomain.com/SPF/IN' denied
named[23227]: client 206.190.33.44#53743: query (cache) 'thedomain.com/A/IN' denied

I am getting thousands of these daily, and every one of them is for a domain which was moved to the new server. The domains have been moved for over a month and these still continue.

I know this is NOT an attack as the IPs that are making the queries are big well known names like yahoo.com and google.com and hundreds of others.

My recursion settings on both servers is localnets

Does anyone have any ideas?

Back