1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS-Settings for Subdomains

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by private_meta, Mar 17, 2008.

1. private_meta

private_meta Guest

Hi,

I have a small question about Subdomains and DNS Settings

I've got a server where i have a domain, let's call it example.com
    I want a subdomain, call it blog.example.com

I have a webserver set up to actually use blog.example.com. I thought it would be correct to make either an A Record, having "blog" as domain name and the IP address, or a CName, having blog as domain name and the domain name being the canonical name.

am i right about this one?

If es, I would have set it up correctly, but I'm already waiting 2 days for it to update. can someone tell me how long it normally takes? I've used different DNS servers, different locations, but it doesn't work

2. Satoriya

Satoriya Guest

You may use Plesk DNS server fr checking as well.
    If Plesk DNS server is authoritative for the domain 'example.com', then as soon as you update DNS settings for this domain, these changes will be applied immediately and sudomain should work correctly.

You can also check how it resolves:
    # host sub-domain plesk_server_IP

If you added this sub-domain through Plesk interface, all Apache settings for this sub-domain should be correct as well.