• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS setup help (I'm a novice user)

P

PureEvil

Howdy all:

I'll start by letting everyone know that this is my first day using Plesk. I did read through the Plesk 8.2 for Linux / Unix Administrator's Guild but I'm having a super hard time setting up DNS.

I'm using a virtual server supplied by Network Solutions. I have setup a domain name for the server on the one IP address the server has (nectostudios.com). I put the network solutions name servers in to direct this domain to the server and all is well. However, when I setup ns.nectostudios.com/ns2.nectostudios.com to be sent to this server any domain names I send to this server do not resolve. I have setup the accounts in Plesk for the client domains with no luck of getting them to resolve to the host.

I know that's limited information, but if someone out there has had a similar issue or knows a good place for me to read up on how to setup DNS that would be super helpful.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

As a bit of background I have been using cPanel for the last 6 years so I'm not exactly new to all of this. I do like what I'm seeing with Plesk and feel that both myself and my customers would be better off using it rather than cPanel.

Welp it turns out I was doing it right... Issue on the other end. Thanks for the help.

Back