• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved DNS values that are changed via the database are cannot be queried publicly until DNS Settings are saved in the GUI

tollube

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.60 Update Nr. 1
Hi, I am operating a small dynDNS service on my plesk server and I am updating the dns entries for a domain via php over the plesk database.
This works and the entry is set correctly. However I cant query that value and it gives back the old IP address until I change something and save it in the plesk GUI of the domain.
Do I need to somehow apply the new DNS values or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance!
Lukas

Rather than changing values in the Plesk database directly it's recommended to change them one of the programmable interfaces that are available to automate things. Like the Plesk CLI, REST API or XML-RPC API.

Thanks for your hint.
I did apply a quick workaround via XML API so that I don't have to rework the entire process.
So apparently these DB values are applied when you change something about the general dns settings for that domain.
So I apply values for the soa record and that seems to trigger the provisioning of the DNS entries in the plesk db.
Seems to work for me for now.

Back