• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Whitelists

PSi_101

Regular Pleskian
Is there a way we can implement dns whitelists in Postfix without having the configuration overwritten everytime we apply a mail server config change in the control panel?
Eg
In /etc/postfix/main.cf
smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_dnswl_client list.dnswl.org, .......etc

I've bolded the bit i've added.

Hmmm i've just tried making a change in Mail settings and it didn't overwrite my change this time.
I'm now not sure under what circumstances it does remove that setting, but it did at some stage.

Default settings in /etc/postfix/master.cf will be restored after mail reconfiguration on any domain. Actually it depends on Postfix settings. Some of settings, especially which can be modified in Plesk UI will be overwritten. But some of settings will not.
Consider creating scheduled task for replacing /etc/postfix/main.cf with custom file.
In future update of Plesk custom Postfix settings will not be overwritten during mail reconfigure.
You can vote here - https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/...06-allow-customization-of-etc-postfix-main-cf

Back