• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Does Plesk 11 use a DB for settings?

K

KristianB

As I have an annoying issue with my PHP 5.3 not working with Plesk for new domains / software installs (http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=261634), I wondered if the issue is caused by my use of a newer version of MySQL (5.5) which I installed myself. Immedately after upgrade of plesk from v9.2 to v11 I had to stop the new MySQL service which Plesk had installed, as it was an older version of mysql (5.1?) with it's own data directories, but on the same default port 3306 as my existing database - therefore masking my real database with all my 1gig+ of data.

My question is - does Plesk use that mysql database it installs to hold config data? And if it's not running, could that be why it cannot seem to see the fact it has PHP installed, even though I installed it using the plesk service components (several times to make sure!).

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but my Plesk install (on windows server 2008) cannot seem to hold onto the fact it has PHP available - uninstall/re-install shows it on the components for a while, but refreshing it over time and it goes! it is never available when I try and create a new domain, causing that to fail.

IF Plesk is trying to hold/store any settings in that original mysql - is there a way to 'move' it - obviously I'll have to change the port on the 5.1 mysql install and get it started.. which I did, but I cannot seem to find what password Plesk set it with for the root user? or does it use something other than root?

Hello,

It seems to be issue with php compilation with mysql, you can check the same by adding phpinfo file and check if you can see mysql and mysql in list.Or paste phpinfo output here.

Back