• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Does Plesk has Standard Hooks system like cPanel?

Alnaggar

New Pleskian
Hello, In the mean time I'm using cPanel because of the cPanel's Standard Hooks system
which allow me to make a custom script and triggers it with account creation. ( How To Automatically Install WordPress On New Accounts. )

My script can clone a custom designed WordPress website to new created cPanel user automatically. Just copy your WordPress website files into source path(/root/tmp/wp_src/) and export your WordPress database into a SQL text file and upload into source path(/root/tmp/wp_sql/wpdb.sql). You may change the source path if you like, and adjust any options as your wish.

My current script capable to:
(1) rsync wordpress files from source path:/root/tmp/wp_src/ to cPanel user's public_html/
(2) use uapi command to create cPanel user's WordPress database with the following values:

DATABASE: {CPUSER}_wpdb USERNAME: {CPUSER}_wpuser PASSWORD: ****(random) HOSTNAME: localhost

(3) Import WordPress SQL content from file:/root/tmp/wp_sql/wpdb.sql into above database.
(4) Change configuration of public_html/wp-config.php with above database information.
(5) Change WordPress administrator user(admin)'s password with random password(or with cPanel user's password).
(6) Update WordPress settings: HOME_URL and SITE_URL with the new created domain information.
(7) cPanel user can discovery/manage WordPress with cPanel addon "WordPress Manager".

How can I achieve this with Plesk? I have checked the automatic installation after user creation in WP toolkit but it creates new installation or with custom plugin/themes set only. I want it to create a pre designed WordPress version for customer. I really like Plesk and I want to move but this automatic site creation is a big deal for me. I'm using WHMCS to sell pre designed and managed Woocommerce stores. check out my script and tell me if can achieve this functionality with Plesk:

Last edited:
Back