• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Does Plesk Migration Tool overwrite files/DBs if I use it again?

samurai-kake

New Pleskian
Hi, here's the situation. Successfully made a migration with 20+ domains/subdomains to new server. But during this time, there were new additions/updates to the old server. So I;m thinking if I should run plesk migration tool again. if I did, would it just overwrite everything on the new server? Or would it create new instances like domain(1), domain(2), etc? Anything that has same naming? How about databases, would they be updated to old server DBs? And what would happen to newly created DBs on new server?

Hello!
If you need to update content of existing objects(web, mail and db content) just run re-sync.
If you have new created subobjects under already migrated objects (subdomains for example), run object migration again. Old objects will be re-created on destination and new created.

Hi, I just noticed some directories were not migrated after using the Plesk migration tool. I'm missing a few directories from var/www. I've got a few applications that depend on a vendor directory that I have there. Also composer files were not moved. Is there a specific reason for this?

In general, migrator excludes the following directories under vhost:
/logs, /conf, /statistics, /bin, /dev, /lib, /lib64, /usr, /libexec, /etc, /tmp, /var

If there is a symbolic link in vhost to the folder/file outside vhost it will be ignored.

Back