• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

domain aliases and multiple mails problem

D

dudus

Hello,
one of my client bulid web application who handle multiple different domains.
Each domain point to different part of page - now i configure it as domain aliases and client manage where exactly this domain point through php script, and thats work fine, but this client need also mail accounts for this domains configured as domain aliases, thats also not a problem, but some of this domains have the same first parts of email addresses; for example i configure domains: domain1.com and domain2.com as domain aliases and now i must create 2 mail accounts for two different persons, this persons have the same first part of mail address: [email protected] and [email protected].

And there's a problem!
Plesk tell me when i try create second mail that its not possible, becouse mail already exists in system, its also problem for domain owner who use my client application, his webpage is managed by external application, but they want also manage mail addresses.
When i configure domain as domain alias its not possible to manage anything for this domain through client admin panel in plesk (becouse this domain its not listed in domains lists like a normal domain).

Its possible to create two mail address with the same first part, for two different domains added to plesk panel as aliases for other domain. If its not possible through plesk admin panel maybe there's another way to configure this domains, vhost.conf for example ?

Best Regards
Kristian

independent mail accounts are not possible in plesk if you create domain1/2/3.com as aliases of domain.com.. create domain1/2/3.com as intependent domains and set hosting option = forward to domain.com

@dirty
I know about that but its not solution for my problem, becouse redirection change address in browser address bar. :(

I already fix this problem by add vhost.conf (and point DocumentRoot to main domain) file to each domain who should work as alias for main domain (domain1.com).
P.S. PHP files also work for this pseudo-alias domains :D

Back