1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain Aliases are lost after restore!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by knocx, May 8, 2005.

  1. knocx

    knocx Guest

    0
     
    we had to do a backup / restore 3 days ago;

    after the restore we realized that NONE of the domain aliases were actually added to their relevant "IIS" headers .

    the domain aliases were present in PSA domain_aliases table, and also DNS entries were created for the alias domains.

    running PLESK reconfigurator also did not solve this problem.

    So i had to find the relations by searching and matching keys in domains and domain_aliases table inorder to find out which domain points to which. since i can not see domain_aliases configuration server wide i had to do that.

    Than removed and recreated the aliases for each domain (there were 43 entries!!!!).

    Feature Suggestion
    After doing this hard job i also definitely can say that there should be an administrative interface in plesk to see domain_aliases and related domains server wide.

    This would be really nice to keep things under control.

    --knocx
     
  2. knocx

    knocx Guest

    0
     
    ==================================
    Well i realize that , Actually this is a Bug
    ==================================

    i had made a test and see that websrvmng does not reconfigure domain aliases, so reconfiguration utility does not work properly in the case of domain alias presence bounded to a domain.

    please consider


    -- knocx
     
Loading...