• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Aliases are lost after restore!

K

knocx

we had to do a backup / restore 3 days ago;

after the restore we realized that NONE of the domain aliases were actually added to their relevant "IIS" headers .

the domain aliases were present in PSA domain_aliases table, and also DNS entries were created for the alias domains.

running PLESK reconfigurator also did not solve this problem.

So i had to find the relations by searching and matching keys in domains and domain_aliases table inorder to find out which domain points to which. since i can not see domain_aliases configuration server wide i had to do that.

Than removed and recreated the aliases for each domain (there were 43 entries!!!!).

Feature Suggestion
After doing this hard job i also definitely can say that there should be an administrative interface in plesk to see domain_aliases and related domains server wide.

This would be really nice to keep things under control.

--knocx

==================================
Well i realize that , Actually this is a Bug
==================================

i had made a test and see that websrvmng does not reconfigure domain aliases, so reconfiguration utility does not work properly in the case of domain alias presence bounded to a domain.

please consider

-- knocx

Back