• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Domain does not resolve

Dr Dave

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.50 Update #2
Hello,

I setup a new domain (a Joomla 3 website), and attached an Free Let's Encrypt certificate. Because the domain was not working properly (I'm new to VPS management), I deleted the domain, and then re-created it. Since then I cannot get the domain to resolve.

Should I have removed the certificate before deleting the domain? Could this be the reason the domain will not resolve?

Feedback is appreciated.

Hi,
Securing a website with SSL certificate and DNS service are not the same actually, so the fact that you did not remove SSL certificate should not affect domain name resolving.
Here is some troubleshooting steps you can follow:
- connect to the Plesk server via command line and check how is the domain name resolved globally and locally:
execute this command to check if it can be resolved globally:
Code:
nslookup <placeholder_for_domain_name> 8.8.8.8
execute this command to check if it can be resolved locally:
Code:
nslookup <placeholder_for_domain_name> localhost
- go to DNS settings on Domain Card in Plesk and check DNS records there
- discuss the issue with your hosting provided and domain registrar

Hi,
Securing a website with SSL certificate and DNS service are not the same actually, so the fact that you did not remove SSL certificate should not affect domain name resolving.
Here is some troubleshooting steps you can follow:
- connect to the Plesk server via command line and check how is the domain name resolved globally and locally:
execute this command to check if it can be resolved globally:
Code:
nslookup <placeholder_for_domain_name> 8.8.8.8
execute this command to check if it can be resolved locally:
Code:
nslookup <placeholder_for_domain_name> localhost
- go to DNS settings on Domain Card in Plesk and check DNS records there
- discuss the issue with your hosting provided and domain registrar
Thank you for confirmation that not removing the SSL before deleting the domain is not a problem.

With your suggestion, I found that the domain was resolved locally, but not globally. I'll start troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks again for the confirmation.

David

If the domain name can be resolved locally, then I suggest you to check the settings on Domain Registrar side to make sure that Name Server that is responsible for your domain have information about domain. Or to verify that Plesk Server is set as a name server.

If the domain name can be resolved locally, then I suggest you to check the settings on Domain Registrar side to make sure that Name Server that is responsible for your domain have information about domain. Or to verify that Plesk Server is set as a name server.
I resolved this by opening a CloudFlare account and I got name servers from there. I added those to my domain, and poof, problem solved.

In the end, I there there was a caching problem where my domain is registered. With CloudFlare, you can clear your own cache, if you make changes.

Back